|Pekin Prince and princess candidates sought|
It’s time once again for preperations for Pekin’s annual Fourth of July celebration and registration is being accepted for prince and princess contestants.
The following is a list of information needed to enter a prince or princess in the contest.
Rules for Prince
and Princess Contest
The Pekin Community Betterment Organization has announced the 2012 rules for this year’s Prince and Princess Contest. They are as follows:
1. All winners will be determined by a panel of judges for the 2012 Prince and Princess contest.
2. Any boy or girl 4 to 6 years of age may enter. Contestants may be from any locality.
3. The contestants must have a sponsor. This may be an individual, business or organization.
4. An entry fee of $30 will be required for each contestant.
5. Contestants will decorate their own float and will ride in this vehicle or float for the parade.
Contestants are responsible for their own transportation and decorations. There will be trophies given for the best decorated float or vehicle entered in this category. Floats will not be a factor when choosing the Prince and Princess.
Each contestant must send the following items to the Pekin Betterment Organization.
1. a photograph no smaller than 2” x 3” for use in the program book. (Photos will not be returned.)
2. application form (see below)
3. 3 x 5 index card with information to be read on the stage (hobbies, school, etc...) This should be no longer than 3-5 sentences. These sentences should tell us what your child is interested in and likes to do.
4. check for $30.00 made out to Pekin Betterment
7. For the parade, all contestants must be in Pekin near the Componex parking lot at 9:00 a.m. on July 4th. Floats and vehicles will line up on Grade St. The parade will take place from
8. The Prince and Princess contest will be held at the Pekin Park at approximately 3:00 p.m. on July 4th. Contestants should report to the back of the stage by 2:30.
9. Entries will not be accepted after May 30. This early deadline allows time for the trophies, programs and newspaper to be printed. There will be a limit to the number of entries.
The first 50 boys and girls will be accepted. If your application is received and 50 are already registered, you will be called to let you know that the contest is already full.
10. A prize of $25 will be given to each winner of the Prince and Princess contest. First runners up will receive $15 and second runners up will receive $10.
11. Applications must be signed by the parent or guardian of each boy or girl.
Please send your completed application, index card description, photo and check to:
Shari Dalton c/o Pekin Betterment, P O Box 54, Pekin IN 47165
Please call 967-4612 for questions.
Entries need to be received by May 30th.
An entry form appeared in the April 25 Edition of The Banner Gazette and The Washington County Edition.
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 25 April 2012 07:56|